- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (35g) wheat germ
- 2/3 cup (100g) wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 185 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 minute or until smooth. Beat in egg until combined. Stir in coconut, wheat germ and flours.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thick. Place on tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Cut 7.5cm rounds from dough to make about 18 biscuits; place about 2.5cm apart on trays.
- 5Bake biscuits for about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 6Meanwhile, stir in chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until melted. Cool.
- 7Spread bases of wheaties with chocolate; mark with a fork. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
If the weather is cool, store these biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature if it's hot, keep container in the fridge.