- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (35g) wheat germ
- 2/3 cup (100g) wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 185 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 minute or until smooth. Beat in egg until combined. Stir in coconut, wheat germ and flours.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thick. Place on tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Cut 7.5cm rounds from dough to make about 18 biscuits; place about 2.5cm apart on trays.
- 5Bake biscuits for about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 6Meanwhile, stir in chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until melted. Cool.
- 7Spread bases of wheaties with chocolate; mark with a fork. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
If the weather is cool, store these biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature if it's hot, keep container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020