- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (35g) wheat germ
- 2/3 cup (100g) wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 185 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 minute or until smooth. Beat in egg until combined. Stir in coconut, wheat germ and flours.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thick. Place on tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Cut 7.5cm rounds from dough to make about 18 biscuits; place about 2.5cm apart on trays.
- 5Bake biscuits for about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 6Meanwhile, stir in chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until melted. Cool.
- 7Spread bases of wheaties with chocolate; mark with a fork. Stand at room temperature until set. Serve.
If the weather is cool, store these biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature if it's hot, keep container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019