- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (300g) large onion, chopped finely
- 1 (200g) red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cup button mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 (180g) medium carrots, grated coarsely
- 6 small wholegrain bread rolls
- 1 can sliced beetroot, drained
- 1 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 (200g) medium tomatoes, sliced thinly
Mint yoghurt sauce
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium heat; cook onion, capsicum, mushrooms, garlic and lentils, stirring, for about 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- 2Add broth; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until lentils are tender and broth is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, parsley, flour and half of the carrot. Stand to cool.
- 3When lentil mixture is cool enough to handle, use hands to shape it into six burger-shaped patties. In same skillet, cook patties, in batches, for about 5-10 minutes, or until patties are browned both sides and heated through.
- 4Meanwhile, split bread rolls in half; toast, cut-side up, until browned lightly.
- 5Just before serving, place patties with remaining carrots, beetroot, sprouts, tomato and sauce in rolls.
You need to cook 1/2 cup long-grain white rice for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021