- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1 cup (160g) whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1Place cashews and blanched almonds in a large bowl; cover with cold water. Stand, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain.
- 3Process nuts with water until it forms a yoghurt-like consistency.
You can experiment with different nuts to create this yoghurt, bearing in mind the flavour each nut will create. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon for a great savoury yoghurt option to add to salads or top soups and curries. Store vegan yoghurt in the fridge for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken curry recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- French toastYesterday 1:00pm
- Peanut butter cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey joysYesterday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesYesterday 4:33am
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019
- Pho boOct 15, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019