- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1 cup (160g) whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1Place cashews and blanched almonds in a large bowl; cover with cold water. Stand, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain.
- 3Process nuts with water until it forms a yoghurt-like consistency.
You can experiment with different nuts to create this yoghurt, bearing in mind the flavour each nut will create. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon for a great savoury yoghurt option to add to salads or top soups and curries. Store vegan yoghurt in the fridge for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019