- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1 cup (160g) whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1Place cashews and blanched almonds in a large bowl; cover with cold water. Stand, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain.
- 3Process nuts with water until it forms a yoghurt-like consistency.
You can experiment with different nuts to create this yoghurt, bearing in mind the flavour each nut will create. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon for a great savoury yoghurt option to add to salads or top soups and curries. Store vegan yoghurt in the fridge for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019