- 500 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, grated coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place yoghurt onto a large square of double-thickness muslin. Tie ends of muslin together; hang over a large bowl or place in a sieve to drain. Refrigerate 2 hours or until yoghurt is thick; discard liquid in bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, combine cucumber and salt in a medium bowl; stand 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- 3Stir yoghurt into cucumber mixture with garlic, juice and mint; season to taste. Drizzle with oil.
Muslin, a cotton cloth, is available from craft and cookware shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020