- 500 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, grated coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place yoghurt onto a large square of double-thickness muslin. Tie ends of muslin together; hang over a large bowl or place in a sieve to drain. Refrigerate 2 hours or until yoghurt is thick; discard liquid in bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, combine cucumber and salt in a medium bowl; stand 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- 3Stir yoghurt into cucumber mixture with garlic, juice and mint; season to taste. Drizzle with oil.
Muslin, a cotton cloth, is available from craft and cookware shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022