- 500 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, grated coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place yoghurt onto a large square of double-thickness muslin. Tie ends of muslin together; hang over a large bowl or place in a sieve to drain. Refrigerate 2 hours or until yoghurt is thick; discard liquid in bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, combine cucumber and salt in a medium bowl; stand 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- 3Stir yoghurt into cucumber mixture with garlic, juice and mint; season to taste. Drizzle with oil.
Muslin, a cotton cloth, is available from craft and cookware shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020