- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 minced lamb
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (240g) drained chargrilled capsicum, chopped finely
- ½ cup (125ml) beef stock
- 4 eggs
- 450 grams loaf turkish bread, split, toasted
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh micro herbs
- 1Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add lamb and spices; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add tomatoes, capsicum and stock; bring to the boil.
- 2Cook, covered, on low, for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Make four indents in lamb mixture with the back of a spoon. Carefully crack eggs into indents; season eggs. Cook, covered, on high, for 10 minutes or until egg whites have set but yolks are still runny.
- 4Serve bread topped with lamb and eggs; sprinkled with micro herbs.
Accompany with Greek-style yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022