- 500 grams turkey breasts, cut horizontally into 4 thick slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup (175g) pasta sauce
- 120 grams bocconcini, sliced thinly
- 2 gem lettuce (360g), cut into wedges
SHAKE AND BAKE WEDGES
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange sweet potato (250g), cut into wedges
- 1 large (350g) parsnip, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon Mexican spice mix
- 1 bunch baby beetroot (500g), cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
SHAKE AND BAKE WEDGES
- 2Line a large oven tray with baking paper; brush paper with the oil. Place the sweet potato and parsnip wedges, ⅔ of the spice mix and a little sea salt in a large snap lock bag or freezer bag; shake to combine. Spread wedges over tray. Repeat with beetroot (this stops the beetroot staining the other vegetables). Bake wedges for 40 minutes, turning once, or until golden and tender.
- 3Meanwhile, pound turkey between two sheets of plastic wrap or baking paper until 5mm thick.
- 4Lightly beat eggs in a shallow dish. Combine almond meal and garlic in another shallow dish; season. Dip turkey, one piece at a time, in egg, then in almond mixture to coat, pressing firmly.
- 5Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook 2 turkey slices for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Drain on paper towel; wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining oil and turkey.
- 6Transfer turkey to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spoon pasta sauce evenly over turkey; top with bocconcini. Bake turkey for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and turkey is just cooked through.
- 7Serve turkey parmigiana with wedges and lettuce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Red lentil and pumpkin wrapsToday 1:44am
- 30 quick and easy recipesYesterday 11:46pm
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019