- 500 grams turkey breasts, cut horizontally into 4 thick slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup (175g) pasta sauce
- 120 grams bocconcini, sliced thinly
- 2 gem lettuce (360g), cut into wedges
SHAKE AND BAKE WEDGES
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange sweet potato (250g), cut into wedges
- 1 large (350g) parsnip, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon Mexican spice mix
- 1 bunch baby beetroot (500g), cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
SHAKE AND BAKE WEDGES
- 2Line a large oven tray with baking paper; brush paper with the oil. Place the sweet potato and parsnip wedges, ⅔ of the spice mix and a little sea salt in a large snap lock bag or freezer bag; shake to combine. Spread wedges over tray. Repeat with beetroot (this stops the beetroot staining the other vegetables). Bake wedges for 40 minutes, turning once, or until golden and tender.
- 3Meanwhile, pound turkey between two sheets of plastic wrap or baking paper until 5mm thick.
- 4Lightly beat eggs in a shallow dish. Combine almond meal and garlic in another shallow dish; season. Dip turkey, one piece at a time, in egg, then in almond mixture to coat, pressing firmly.
- 5Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook 2 turkey slices for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Drain on paper towel; wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining oil and turkey.
- 6Transfer turkey to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spoon pasta sauce evenly over turkey; top with bocconcini. Bake turkey for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and turkey is just cooked through.
- 7Serve turkey parmigiana with wedges and lettuce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019