- 1 cup (250ml) hoisin sauce
- ⅔ cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chilli bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chinese five spice
- 1 kg pork belly rashers, rind removed, sliced crossways into 2-3 pieces
- watercress and coriander sprigs, to serve
Sweet and sour salad
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented, segments halved
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1In a large bowl, combine hoisin, sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, chilli sauce, sesame oil and five spice. Reserve half and set aside. Add pork, turn to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Make sweet and sour salad.
- 3Preheat barbecue on medium. Drain pork and discard marinade. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until brown, taking care not to burn pork. Transfer pork to a rack over a baking pan. Brush with remaining marinade and cook over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and sticky.
- 4Serve pork and salad with watercress and coriander sprigs.
Sweet and sour salad
- 5Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker massaman beef curryToday 6:00am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 2:00am
- Eggplant parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low calorie recipes for the 5:2 Fasting DietYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 2:00pm
- Adorable mini cheesecakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 filling ideas for cannelloniYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make the perfect roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020