- 1 cup (250ml) hoisin sauce
- ⅔ cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chilli bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chinese five spice
- 1 kg pork belly rashers, rind removed, sliced crossways into 2-3 pieces
- watercress and coriander sprigs, to serve
Sweet and sour salad
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented, segments halved
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1In a large bowl, combine hoisin, sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, chilli sauce, sesame oil and five spice. Reserve half and set aside. Add pork, turn to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Make sweet and sour salad.
- 3Preheat barbecue on medium. Drain pork and discard marinade. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until brown, taking care not to burn pork. Transfer pork to a rack over a baking pan. Brush with remaining marinade and cook over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and sticky.
- 4Serve pork and salad with watercress and coriander sprigs.
Sweet and sour salad
- 5Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm