- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 200 gram pork mince
- 2 chinese cabbage leaves, shredded finely
- 1 stick (75g) celery, trimmed, shredded finely
- 1 small (70g) carrot, grated finely
- 1/2 cup (45g) bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 36 x 12.5mm square mini spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
Chilli plum sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh chilli, seeded, chopped finely
Spring rolls with chilli plum sauce
- 1Place mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand 20 minutes. Drain the mushrooms; discard stems, chop caps finely.
- 2Combine mushrooms with the remaining ingredients, except the wrappers, egg and vegetable oil, in a large bowl; mix well.
- 3For each roll, place 2 teaspoons of filling across one corner of the wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with a little of the egg, tuck in the ends and roll up to enclose filling.
- 4For the chilli plum sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 5Deep-fry spring rolls in batches in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through; drain on absorbent paper.
- 6Serve spring rolls with chilli plum sauce.
The filling can be made several hours ahead. The rolls can be made up to two hours ahead. Place in a single layer on a tray lined with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate. Deep-fry just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021