- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 200 gram pork mince
- 2 chinese cabbage leaves, shredded finely
- 1 stick (75g) celery, trimmed, shredded finely
- 1 small (70g) carrot, grated finely
- 1/2 cup (45g) bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 36 x 12.5mm square mini spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
Chilli plum sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh chilli, seeded, chopped finely
Spring rolls with chilli plum sauce
- 1Place mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand 20 minutes. Drain the mushrooms; discard stems, chop caps finely.
- 2Combine mushrooms with the remaining ingredients, except the wrappers, egg and vegetable oil, in a large bowl; mix well.
- 3For each roll, place 2 teaspoons of filling across one corner of the wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with a little of the egg, tuck in the ends and roll up to enclose filling.
- 4For the chilli plum sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 5Deep-fry spring rolls in batches in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through; drain on absorbent paper.
- 6Serve spring rolls with chilli plum sauce.
The filling can be made several hours ahead. The rolls can be made up to two hours ahead. Place in a single layer on a tray lined with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate. Deep-fry just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019