- 250 gram baby truss tomatoes
- 250 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 small_piece brown onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon skim milk
- cooking-oil spray
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Place tomatoes on oven tray. Roast about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are just softened.
- 3Rinse spinach briefly under cold water; shake until almost dry. Cook spinach, in batches, in a non-stick frying pan, over medium heat, until just starting to wilt. Place in medium bowl; cool.
- 4Reheat same pan; cook onion and the water, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Combine onion with the spinach in bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- 5Meanwhile, using a fork, beat 2 egg whites with 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until combined. Lightly spray same heated pan. Pour egg-white mixture into pan; cook, over low heat, until just browned underneath. Place pan under hot grill; cook until top just sets.
- 6Sprinkle half the spinach mixture over one half of the omelette; grill until mixture is hot and top is browned lightly. Fold omelette in half to enclose filling. Cover to keep warm.
- 7Repeat to make another omelette; serve omelettes with tomatoes.
The frying pan goes under the grill in this recipe, so you need a frying pan with an ovenproof handle, or cover the handle with a few layers of foil to protect it from the heat of the grill. If you don't have a lid for the frying pan, cover it with foil. Cook the recipe just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021