- 600 gram kumara (orange sweet potato), chopped coarsely
- 400 gram canned red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 150 gram drained char-grilled capsicum (bell pepper), chopped finely
- 150 gram feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 sheets puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup (140g) smokey barbecue sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave kumara until tender; drain. Mash kumara in a large bowl until smooth.
- 3Add beans, capsicum and feta to bowl with green onion, coriander, ground cumin and chilli; mix well. Season.
- 4Spread a quarter of the kumara mixture along one side of each sheet of pastry. Roll up to enclose. Place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cumin seeds.
- 5Bake rolls for 30 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cut each roll into four pieces; serve with barbecue sauce.
Assemble the sausage rolls ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook. You can also use mashed butternut pumpkin instead of kumara. If you're following a vegetarian diet, look out for animal rennet on the labels of some of the cheeses you purchase. Non-animal rennet cheeses are now widely available in supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021