- 2.2 kilogram easy carve lamb leg
- 1 cured chorizo sausage (170g), chopped coarsely
- 5 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1Place lamb in a large baking dish. Pierce lamb deeply all over with a sharp knife; push sausage and garlic into cuts.
- 2Combine paprika, oil and sherry in a small bowl; rub mixture all over lamb. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, turning lamb occasionally in the marinade.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 4Drain lamb; discard marinade. Place lamb in a large baking dish, sprinkle with thyme. Roast, uncovered, until cooked as desired (see tips). Remove lamb from oven; rest, covered loosely with foil, for 15 minutes before serving.
As a general guide, roast lamb for 15 minutes per 500g for medium. The lamb can be cooked in a covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Serving suggestion: Serve with char-grilled lemon halves and steamed snow peas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasYesterday 10:50pm
- The Australian Women's Weekly's classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019