- 2.2 kilogram easy carve lamb leg
- 1 cured chorizo sausage (170g), chopped coarsely
- 5 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1Place lamb in a large baking dish. Pierce lamb deeply all over with a sharp knife; push sausage and garlic into cuts.
- 2Combine paprika, oil and sherry in a small bowl; rub mixture all over lamb. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, turning lamb occasionally in the marinade.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 4Drain lamb; discard marinade. Place lamb in a large baking dish, sprinkle with thyme. Roast, uncovered, until cooked as desired (see tips). Remove lamb from oven; rest, covered loosely with foil, for 15 minutes before serving.
As a general guide, roast lamb for 15 minutes per 500g for medium. The lamb can be cooked in a covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Serving suggestion: Serve with char-grilled lemon halves and steamed snow peas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021