- 2.2 kilogram easy carve lamb leg
- 1 cured chorizo sausage (170g), chopped coarsely
- 5 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1Place lamb in a large baking dish. Pierce lamb deeply all over with a sharp knife; push sausage and garlic into cuts.
- 2Combine paprika, oil and sherry in a small bowl; rub mixture all over lamb. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, turning lamb occasionally in the marinade.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 4Drain lamb; discard marinade. Place lamb in a large baking dish, sprinkle with thyme. Roast, uncovered, until cooked as desired (see tips). Remove lamb from oven; rest, covered loosely with foil, for 15 minutes before serving.
As a general guide, roast lamb for 15 minutes per 500g for medium. The lamb can be cooked in a covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Serving suggestion: Serve with char-grilled lemon halves and steamed snow peas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020