- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions (400g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 kilogram gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer mixture to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to cooker.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cinnamon, bay leaves, potato and nuts to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sugar and sauce. Serve curry topped with coriander; accompany with lime wedges.
Chuck steak is also suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019