- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions (400g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 kilogram gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer mixture to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to cooker.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cinnamon, bay leaves, potato and nuts to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sugar and sauce. Serve curry topped with coriander; accompany with lime wedges.
Chuck steak is also suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021