- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions (400g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 kilogram gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer mixture to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to cooker.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cinnamon, bay leaves, potato and nuts to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sugar and sauce. Serve curry topped with coriander; accompany with lime wedges.
Chuck steak is also suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019