- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions (400g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 kilogram gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer mixture to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to cooker.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cinnamon, bay leaves, potato and nuts to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sugar and sauce. Serve curry topped with coriander; accompany with lime wedges.
Chuck steak is also suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm