- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 brown onions (400g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 kilogram gravy beef, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer mixture to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to cooker.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cinnamon, bay leaves, potato and nuts to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sugar and sauce. Serve curry topped with coriander; accompany with lime wedges.
Chuck steak is also suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Meatball subsYesterday 11:12pm
- Arancini with prosciutto and peasJan 20, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 17, 2019
- Vegan pumpkin maple waffles with pecanJan 16, 2019
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019