- 250 grams salted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (90g) rice flour
- 1Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixeruntil pale and fluffy. Stir in 1 tablespoon water and sifted flours, in two batches, until combined.
- 2Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently until smooth. Divide dough in half; enclose each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease two large oven trays.
- 4Roll one dough half between two sheets of baking paper until 1cm thick; freeze for 15 minutes. Peel away top layer of baking paper; cut 4cm x 7cm rectangles from dough. Slide baking paper and rectangles onto one oven tray. Mark down the centre of each rectangle with the back of a knife into two fingers; using a fork rough the surface of one finger. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. Re-roll scraps and repeat with remaining dough until all the dough has been used.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Working quickly, use a palette knife to straighten the edges of each biscuit. Return to oven; bake for a further 15 minutes or until a biscuit can be pushed gently without breaking and are browned lightly. Leave on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Couscous, red cabbage and walnut saladJul 12, 2020
- Mixed mushroom stroganoffJul 12, 2020