- 1 small avocado (100g)
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 130 gram rinsed, drained canned kidney beans
- 1 medium tomato (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), sliced thinly
- 1 long fresh green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon rice bran oil
- 4 rye mountain bread wraps (100g)
- 1Mash avocado, juice and half the rind roughly in a small bowl with a fork. Season with pepper.
- 2Combine kidney beans, tomato, onion, chilli, coriander leaves and remaining rind in a small bowl. Season with black pepper.
- 3Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk and chopped coriander in a small bowl until combined.
- 4Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat; cook egg mixture, stirring gently, for 2 minutes or until just set.
- 5Place two wraps together. Spread wrap with half the avocado mixture; top with half the bean mixture and half the scrambled egg. Roll up to form a wrap; cut in half. Repeat with remaining wraps.
We used two mountain bread wraps for each serve, this helps the wrap stay together as one wrap tends to be fragile. For a milder spice, remove the chilli seeds or omit the chilli altogether. For a quick and easy work lunch, wrap in baking paper and foil and keep in the fridge. When ready to eat remove foil and reheat wrap in a sandwich press.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeYesterday 9:00pm
- Classic roast chicken with gravyYesterday 6:00pm
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019