- 2 medium_piece (400g) red capsicums
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) italian-style pork and fennel sausage
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (130g) baby fennel bulb trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 large_piece red onion, sliced thinly
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 100 gram (3 ounces) fresh ricotta
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Make whipped white beans. Place beans, ricotta, mustard, garlic, oil, lemon juice and parsley in a food processor. Process ingredients until smooth; season to taste. Spoon into a bowl; set aside.
- 2Preheat a barbecue grill and flat plate to medium-high heat.
- 3Cook capsicums on heated flat plate, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until skin blisters and blackens; cool. Peel away skin, remove seeds; cut flesh into strips.
- 4Coil sausage length into one large spiral; push two metal skewers, at right angles, through the centre of the spiral to secure. Cook sausage spiral on heated barbecue for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, combine oil, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl. Add capsicum, fennel and onion, then season; toss to combine. Cook capsicum mixture on heated barbecue flat plate, stirring mixture occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 6Serve sausage spiral topped with capsicum mixture, accompanied with whipped beans.
Ask the butcher for a 2-metre (6½-foot) length of unlinked sausages. Alternatively, you can unlink a length of sausages and use short lengths together to form the spiral. If your barbecue doesn't include a flat plate, cook the capsicum mixture in a heavy-based frying pan on the barbecue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020