You will need 12 bamboo or metal skewers for this recipe. before use, Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes in water; oil metal skewers.
- 2 small red capsicums (bell peppers) (300g), quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 750 g firm white fish, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 24 fresh bay leaves
- ¼ cup (40g) blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium lemons (280g), halved
- 1Preheat grill (broiler) on high heat. Place capsicum, skin-side up, and garlic on an oven tray. Place under grill for 15 minutes or until skins are blackened. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; cool.
- 2Combine fish with half the paprika, half the oil, the rind and parsley in a medium bowl; season. Thread fish and bay leaves onto 12 skewers. Place on a tray; cover, refrigerate.
- 3Remove and discard skins from capsicum and garlic. Process capsicum, garlic, almonds, juice, remaining paprika and remaining oil until almost smooth. Transfer romesco to a small bowl; season to taste.
- 4Cook fish skewers on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or frying pan) over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Cook lemon halves on grill plate for 1 minute or until browned.
- 5Serve fish skewers with romesco sauce and lemon halves.
Romesco can be made a day ahead; keep covered in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020