- 2 bunches baby beetroot
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 small orange sweet potatoes (400g), peeled, quartered lenghtways
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red onion (170g), peeled, cut into eighths
- ¼ cup (60ml) Bertolli extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g truss cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 70 g baby spinach leaves
- 180 g tub persian fetta, drained
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Garlic mustard dressing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Trim stalks and tails from beetroot. Wash well. Halve large beetroot. Wrap beetroot in foil; enclose to form a parcel. Place on an oven tray; roast 10 minutes. Divide pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots and onion between trays. Brush with oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Roast 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender and beginning to brown. Remove vegetables from tray as they are done.
- 3Add tomatoes and asparagus to tray; roast for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- 4Remove beetroot from foil and gently rub the skin to remove.
- 5Make garlic mustard dressing.
- 6If transporting to a barbecue or picnic, pack the roasted vegetable, spinach, dressing, fetta and parsley separately. Just before serving, layer spinach and vegetables on a large serving platter; drizzle with dressing. Top with the fetta and parsley.
Garlic mustard dressing
- 7Meanwhile, whisk garlic, horseradish cream, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021