- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced thickly
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 2.2 kilogram rack of pork, rind scored
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse cooking salt
Roast pork with apple sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C (230°C fan-forced).
- 2Pat the pork rind dry with paper towel. Place the pork on a rack in a baking dish. Rub the rind with oil, then salt.
- 3Roast for about 40 minutes, or until skin blisters. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and roast for a further 40 minutes or until pork is just cooked.
- 4Meanwhile, to make apple sauce, place apples and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a medium saucepan; simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until apple is soft. Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Serve pork with apple sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022