- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced thickly
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 2.2 kilogram rack of pork, rind scored
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse cooking salt
Roast pork with apple sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C (230°C fan-forced).
- 2Pat the pork rind dry with paper towel. Place the pork on a rack in a baking dish. Rub the rind with oil, then salt.
- 3Roast for about 40 minutes, or until skin blisters. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and roast for a further 40 minutes or until pork is just cooked.
- 4Meanwhile, to make apple sauce, place apples and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a medium saucepan; simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until apple is soft. Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Serve pork with apple sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021