- 3 1/2 cup hot chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 50 gram butter
- 1 large_piece brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring stock, wine and saffron to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, while preparing onion and rice.
- 2In large saucepan, heat half butter. Cook onion, stirring until soft. Add rice; stir over medium heat until coated in butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the stock mixture; cook, stirring, over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Continue adding stock mixture in 1-cup batches, stirring after each addition until liquid is absorbed. Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4Stir in remaining butter and cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021