Rich chocolate cake
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125 gram fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
Rich chocolate cake
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer, line base with baking paper.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes. Stir in egg yolks and brandy, then ground almonds and sifted flour.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, beat until sugar dissolves. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 4Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on high, about 2 hours or until cake feels firm.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker. Turn cake immediately onto baking-paper-lined wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache. Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until smooth. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 7Spread cake with chocolate ganache, top with berries.
There's no need to cover the pudding steamer with foil or a lid because it is covered when the lid is placed on the cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019