Rich chocolate cake
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125 gram fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
Rich chocolate cake
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer, line base with baking paper.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes. Stir in egg yolks and brandy, then ground almonds and sifted flour.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, beat until sugar dissolves. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 4Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on high, about 2 hours or until cake feels firm.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker. Turn cake immediately onto baking-paper-lined wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache. Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until smooth. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 7Spread cake with chocolate ganache, top with berries.
There's no need to cover the pudding steamer with foil or a lid because it is covered when the lid is placed on the cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019