Rich chocolate cake
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125 gram fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
Rich chocolate cake
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer, line base with baking paper.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes. Stir in egg yolks and brandy, then ground almonds and sifted flour.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, beat until sugar dissolves. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 4Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on high, about 2 hours or until cake feels firm.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker. Turn cake immediately onto baking-paper-lined wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache. Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until smooth. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 7Spread cake with chocolate ganache, top with berries.
There's no need to cover the pudding steamer with foil or a lid because it is covered when the lid is placed on the cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019