Rich chocolate cake
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125 gram fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 180 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
Rich chocolate cake
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer, line base with baking paper.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes. Stir in egg yolks and brandy, then ground almonds and sifted flour.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, beat until sugar dissolves. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 4Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on high, about 2 hours or until cake feels firm.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker. Turn cake immediately onto baking-paper-lined wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache. Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until smooth. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 7Spread cake with chocolate ganache, top with berries.
There's no need to cover the pudding steamer with foil or a lid because it is covered when the lid is placed on the cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019