- 1 small brown onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red capsicum (150g), sliced thinly
- 1/2 small eggplant (115g), chopped finely
- 1 medium tomato (150g), cut into wedges
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60ml) skim milk
- 2 tablespoon low-fat ricotta
- 2 slice wholemeal bread (90g), toasted
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 60 gram baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 medium lemon (70g)
- 1Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook onion, capsicum, eggplant, tomato, garlic and half the oregano over medium heat for 10 minutes or until eggplant is cooked. Season to taste.
- 2Whisk together eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Pour over vegetables. Top with ricotta. Reduce heat to low, cook for 8 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill. Cook frittata under the grill for 2 minutes or until just set.
- 4Top frittata with remaining oregano. Spread toast with pesto, serve frittata on toast; accompany with rocket and a squeeze of lemon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019