- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 medium green zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium yellow zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large eggplant (500g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340g), chopped coarsely
- 4 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 800 gram can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 fresh small red chilli
- 1 strip orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large flameproof baking dish; cook zucchini, stirring, until browned. Remove from pan. Heat another tablespoon of the oil in dish; cook eggplant, stirring, until browned.
- 2Remove from pan. Repeat with another tablespoon of the oil and capsicum. Remove from pan.
- 3Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Add crushed tomatoes; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until thickened to a sauce consistency.
- 5Add vegetables to dish with chilli, rind, seeds, bay leaves and basil. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture thickens. Stir in vinegar; remove bay leaves and rind.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020