- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 medium green zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium yellow zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large eggplant (500g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340g), chopped coarsely
- 4 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 800 gram peeled tomatoes (we recommend Kumato® tomatoes)
- 1 fresh small red chilli
- 1 strip orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large flameproof baking dish; cook zucchini, stirring, until browned. Remove from pan. Heat another tablespoon of the oil in dish; cook eggplant, stirring, until browned.
- 2Remove from pan. Repeat with another tablespoon of the oil and capsicum. Remove from pan.
- 3Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Add crushed tomatoes; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until thickened to a sauce consistency.
- 5Add vegetables to dish with chilli, rind, seeds, bay leaves and basil. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture thickens. Stir in vinegar; remove bay leaves and rind.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chinese omelettesYesterday 1:00pm
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Traditional shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon and sugar pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataOct 21, 2020
- Spinach dip cob loafOct 21, 2020