- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 medium green zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium yellow zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large eggplant (500g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340g), chopped coarsely
- 4 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 800 gram can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 fresh small red chilli
- 1 strip orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large flameproof baking dish; cook zucchini, stirring, until browned. Remove from pan. Heat another tablespoon of the oil in dish; cook eggplant, stirring, until browned.
- 2Remove from pan. Repeat with another tablespoon of the oil and capsicum. Remove from pan.
- 3Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Add crushed tomatoes; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until thickened to a sauce consistency.
- 5Add vegetables to dish with chilli, rind, seeds, bay leaves and basil. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture thickens. Stir in vinegar; remove bay leaves and rind.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020