- 2 rounds wholemeal pitta bread
- 3/4 cup macro organic white quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup woolworths select pistachios, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 100 gram labne or feta cheese
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled, peeled, halved
- 1 lemon, zest, ¼ cup juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place the pitta bread on tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine quinoa with water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the onion and vinegar. Set aside for 15 minutes. Drain and discard the vinegar.
- 5Make dressing: Combine zest, juice, oil and sumac in a screw-top jar. Season to taste. Shake well.
- 6In a large bowl, combine quinoa, onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pistachios, mint and half the dressing. Toss well.
- 7Break pitta bread into small pieces and toss through salad. Top with the labne and eggs. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with extra sumac.
Iceberg lettuce consists of layers of tightly packed, crisp, juicy leaves. Really versatile and perfect for filling and wrapping, remove the outer leaves and store wrapped in paper towel in a plastic bag in the crisper of your fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020