- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets (800g)
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced tinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 medium yellow capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme, extra
- 1Heat half the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and capsicums, stirring, until onion softens. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Return chicken to cooker with wine, stock, bay leaves and thyme sprigs; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method (see below); remove lid. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped thyme.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won’t need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before using. QUICK RELEASE METHOD Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time. This recipe is suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021