- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets (800g)
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced tinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 medium yellow capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme, extra
- 1Heat half the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and capsicums, stirring, until onion softens. Add paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Return chicken to cooker with wine, stock, bay leaves and thyme sprigs; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method (see below); remove lid. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped thyme.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using. QUICK RELEASE METHOD Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time. This recipe is suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021