- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 90 grams (3oz) butter
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 baby fennel bulb (130g), chopped finely, fronds reserved
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (60ml) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 500 grams (1lb) shelled and deveined uncooked medium prawns (shrimp), tails intact (see tip)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Bring stock and the water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 60g (2oz) of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and fennel, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine; simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add rice; stir to coat in mixture.
- 3Add 1 cup of the hot stock; cook, stirring gently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock in 1-cup batches, stirring, until stock is absorbed after each addition. Total cooking time should be 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peas and rind; season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook prawns with garlic for 2 minutes or until prawns change colour.
- 5Serve risotto topped with prawns and reserved fennel fronds. Accompany with lemon wedges and scatter with baby sorrel leaves, if you like.
You can buy shelled and deveined prawns from your fishmonger or large supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaToday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeToday 6:41am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesToday 5:13am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliYesterday 8:00pm
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsYesterday 5:00pm
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019
- Almond-crusted turkey parmigianaMay 08, 2019