- 1.6 kilogram whole chicken
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 red thai chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1Rinse chicken under cold running water pat dry with absorbent paper. Using kitchen scissors, cut along both sides of the backbone; discard backbone. Place chicken, skin-side up, on a chopping board. Using the heel of your hand, press down on the breastbone to flatten. Insert a metal skewer through the thigh and opposite wing of the chicken to keep it flat. Repeat with the other thigh and wing. Place chicken in a large shallow dish.
- 2Combined remaining ingredients in a small jug; pour mixture over chicken. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3Drain chicken; reserve marinade.
- 4Heat a covered barbecue. Place chicken on an oiled wire rack over a disposable baking dish; pour over reserved marinade. Cook chicken in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 1¼ hours or until browned and cooked through, brushing occasionally with pan juices during cooking.
Serve with a green salad
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022