- 1/4 cup (75g) tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fish sauce
- 300 gram dried rice stick noodles
- 16 (500g) uncooked medium prawns
- 2 clove garlic, chopped coarsely
- 2 fresh small red chillies, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 250 gram minced pork
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 cup (35g) coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Combine tamarind, sugar and sauces in a small bowl.
- 2Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand for about 5 minutes, or until just tender; drain.
- 3Shell, devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 4Blend garlic, chilli, shrimp and ginger in a food processor until a paste forms.
- 5Heat oil in a large wok or large frying pan; stir-fry garlic paste until fragrant. Add pork; stir-fry until just cooked through. Add prawns; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add egg; stir-fry until egg just sets. Add noodles, tamarind mixture, sprouts and white part of the green onion; stir-fry, tossing gently to combine.
- 6Remove wok from heat, add remaining green onion with peanuts and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
Tamarind adds tang and is available as a thick paste and puree, but if unavailable, add the equivalent quantity in lime juice at the end of cooking. Dried shrimp are tiny dehydrated prawns. Used in their entirety, they add depth of flavour, but can be omitted, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021