- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 200 gram brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 1 red capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, sliced thickly
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 250 gram beef rump steak, trimmed, cut into 1cm slices
- 100 gram roughly chopped buk choy leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon water, extra
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 250 gram packet microwave brown rice
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat; stir-fry brussels sprouts for 4 minutes or until browned lightly. Add the water; cook, covered, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2Wipe wok clean. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat; stir-fry capsicum and onion for 3 minutes or until browned lightly. Add garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mixture to brussels sprouts; cover to keep warm.
- 3Wipe wok clean. Heat remaining oil over high heat; stir-fry beef, in two batches, for 1 minute or until browned. Return vegetables to wok with buk choy, sauce, extra water and pepper; stir-fry 1 minute or until hot.
- 4Serve stir-fry with brown rice.
To cook your own brown rice you will need to boil ¾ cup (150g) brown rice in water for about 25 minutes or until tender; drain well. Don't cut the beef into thin strips or it will overcook and become tough. You could make this stir-fry with lamb instead of beef.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019