- 1 kilogram gravy beef
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400 gram can cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 gram button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 kilogram floury potatoes, peeled cut into large pieces
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 30 gram butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1Cut the beef into 3cm pieces. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned, transferring to a plate as it is cooked.
- 2Add the onion and garlic to the pan; cook, stirring for a few minutes or until softened.
- 3Add the beef, tomato paste, tomatoes, stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer; cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer for a further hour, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Boil the potatoes until cooked through. Drain and allow the potatoes to dry off.
- 6In a saucepan, heat the milk until just before boiling, add the potatoes and butter, and gently mash together. Add the parmesan and stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and ground white pepper.
- 7Serve the Beef Stew with the Parmesan Mash and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021