- 1/3 basic gluten-free pizza dough
- potato flour, for dusting
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 rindless gluten-free bacon slices (195g), chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (40g) sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2Turn pizza dough onto a work surface dusted with potato flour. Roll dough into a 25cm x 30cm rectangle.
- 3Spread tomato paste over dough, leaving a 1cm (½-inch) border; sprinkle dough with bacon, olives, oregano and ½ cup of the cheese. Firmly roll dough from long side to enclose filling; trim ends.
- 4Cut roll into 12 slices; place slices, cut-side up, in a single layer, in pan.
- 5Bake scrolls for 20 minutes; top with remaining cheese. Bake a further 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and turns golden brown. Sprinkle with oregano leaves to serve, if you like.
Scrolls can be served warm or cold. This is a great recipe for kids’ lunchboxes. You can leave out the olives and oregano if your child doesn’t like those flavours, and just make them using bacon and cheese. Store scrolls in an airtight container for 1 day, or freeze, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 3 months. To reheat: discard plastic, and wrap frozen scrolls in foil; place in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019