- 10 ripe medium bananas (2kg), cut into 1cm (½in) thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups cups (375ml) canned coconut milk
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Place banana slices on two large baking-paper-lined oven trays. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 2Stir coconut milk, rosemary and honey in a small saucepan over low-medium heat; bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat; stand, covered, for at least 20 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs; discard 1 sprig. Pick leaves from remaining sprig; reserve.
- 3Blend banana in a high-powered blender until very finely chopped. Add ⅔ cup (160ml) of the coconut milk mixture and the reserved rosemary leaves. Blend until mixture forms a soft-serve ice-cream texture, scraping down the side, if required.
- 4Spoon banana mixture into glasses or bowls; drizzle with remaining coconut milk mixture. Serve.
The texture of the nice-cream is best as soon as it is made, but it can be made and frozen up to 2 days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021