- 10 ripe medium bananas (2kg), cut into 1cm (½in) thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups cups (375ml) canned coconut milk
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Place banana slices on two large baking-paper-lined oven trays. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 2Stir coconut milk, rosemary and honey in a small saucepan over low-medium heat; bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat; stand, covered, for at least 20 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs; discard 1 sprig. Pick leaves from remaining sprig; reserve.
- 3Blend banana in a high-powered blender until very finely chopped. Add ⅔ cup (160ml) of the coconut milk mixture and the reserved rosemary leaves. Blend until mixture forms a soft-serve ice-cream texture, scraping down the side, if required.
- 4Spoon banana mixture into glasses or bowls; drizzle with remaining coconut milk mixture. Serve.
The texture of the nice-cream is best as soon as it is made, but it can be made and frozen up to 2 days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019