- 10 ripe medium bananas (2kg), cut into 1cm (½in) thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups cups (375ml) canned coconut milk
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Place banana slices on two large baking-paper-lined oven trays. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 2Stir coconut milk, rosemary and honey in a small saucepan over low-medium heat; bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat; stand, covered, for at least 20 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs; discard 1 sprig. Pick leaves from remaining sprig; reserve.
- 3Blend banana in a high-powered blender until very finely chopped. Add ⅔ cup (160ml) of the coconut milk mixture and the reserved rosemary leaves. Blend until mixture forms a soft-serve ice-cream texture, scraping down the side, if required.
- 4Spoon banana mixture into glasses or bowls; drizzle with remaining coconut milk mixture. Serve.
The texture of the nice-cream is best as soon as it is made, but it can be made and frozen up to 2 days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020