- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 400 gram can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 300 gram sour cream
- 1 cup (125g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pack (200g) plain corn chips
- iceberg lettuce, tomato wedges, tomato salsa, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high; add mince; cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, breaking up lumps, or until browned lightly. Add spices; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Sprinkle in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, sugar and water; season. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Taste, add more salt if needed.
- 3Spread mince mixture in the base of a 1.5 litre (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Cool for a few minutes. Spread sour cream over top, then sprinkle with cheese. Crush chips into pieces about the size of cornflakes; sprinkle over top of pie. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
Mince mixture suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022