- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1½ cups firmly packed fresh round-leaf mint leaves
- 1 cup (50g) coconut flakes
- 1 medium yellow-fleshed pineapple (1.25kg), cut crossways into 1.5cm thick slices
- 1 litre (4 cups) vanilla or passionfruit frozen yoghurt
- ¼ cup small fresh round-leaf mint leaves, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Stir sugar and the water in a small saucepan, over medium heat, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves and syrup reduces slightly. Transfer to a small stainless steel bowl; freeze for 15 minutes to chill rapidly.
- 3Meanwhile, place mint in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand for 10 seconds. Drain, refresh under cold running water; squeeze to remove excess water.
- 4Place coconut on an oven tray; bake, shaking the tray occasionally, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- 5Preheat a large grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat. Cook pineapple, in two batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- 6Process blanched mint and sugar syrup until finely chopped.
- 7Divide grilled pineapple among plates; top with frozen yoghurt, drizzle with syrup. Serve sprinkled with coconut and extra mint.
Choose a yellow-fleshed pineapple, such as bethonga, for the best flavour. You could also use mango cheeks cut from four mangoes instead of the pineapple. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp, if you like
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022