- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 250 grams strawberries, chopped coarsely
- ⅔ cup (150g) golden caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 125 grams unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (40g) roasted almonds, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt, extra
- 250 grams strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon golden caster (superfine) sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line base and side of a 22cm (9-inch) springform pan with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour into a bowl; stir in strawberries, sugar, vanilla paste, egg, yoghurt and butter until just combined. Spoon mixture into pan; smooth the surface. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3Bake cake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave cake in pan for 10 minutes. Release ring; transfer cake to a wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make macerated strawberries.
- 5Serve cake topped with macerated strawberries and extra yoghurt.
- 6Combine ingredients in a small bowl; stand for 20 minutes.
Cake and macerated strawberries are best made on day of serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020