- 500 gram fresh wheat noodles
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 small white onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon raw peanuts
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram pork fillets, sliced thinly
- 5 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 fresh red thai chillies, chopped finely
- 10 fresh water chestnuts, sliced thinly
- 18 snake beans (180g), sliced thickly
- 2 stalks celery (300g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) kecap manis
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon thick tamarind concentrate
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Cook noodles in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in small saucepan. Deep-fry white onion until browned; drain on absorbent paper. Deep-fry peanuts until browned lightly; drain on absorbent paper. Blend or process onion and peanuts until chopped finely.
- 3Heat half of the peanut oil in heated large wok; stir-fry pork until browned and cooked as desired. Remove pork; cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining peanut oil in wok; stir-fry garlic, ginger and chilli until fragrant. Add water chestnuts and vegetables; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 5Return pork to pan with noodles, kecap manis, sauce, tamarind, stock and sesame oil; stir-fry until heated through. Serve sprinkled with onion and peanut mixture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022