Lamb rump roast
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 gram lamb rump roast
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, plus extra for pan
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 10 mint leaves, flnely sliced
- steamed green vegetables, to serve
Lamb rump roast
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a small baking dish with baking paper.
- 2Place the tomatoes and onion into the baking dish, cut-side up. Drizzle with oil. Season. Bake 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, trim the fat from the lamb and, with the end of a sharp knife, make incisions into the top of the rump. Push slices of garlic into the incisions.
- 4Heat an oiled non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Sear the lamb allover, until browned lightly.
- 5Remove the tomato mixture from the oven. Add seared lamb to the baking dish. Bake further 30 minutes, or until lamb is cooked as desired.
- 6Remove from oven; transfer lamb to a warm plate. Cover with foil. Rest 5 minutes.
- 7To serve, divide the tomato mixture onto warm serving plates with the mint. Carve the lamb into thick slices; place on top of the tomato mixture. Serve with steamed green vegetables.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm