- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 kilogram diced lamb shoulder
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 piece (10g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 400 gram can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thick yoghurt
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy-based pan; cook the lamb, in batches, until well browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 2Cook onion, garlic and ginger in same pan until soft. Add spices and curry leaves to pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes, yoghurt, water and salt; bring to the boil, return lamb and any juices to the pan. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is tender. Season to taste with salt.
- 4Serve lamb curry with naan and basmati rice, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021