Lamb kefta tagine
- 625 gram minced lamb
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon each ground cumin, coriander and sweet paprika
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 fresh small red thai chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (70 grams) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) beef stock
- 2 400 gram cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (150 gram) drained semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Lamb kefta tagine
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 2In a large bowl , combine mince, garlic, onion, spices, coriander leaves, chilli, eggs and breadcrumbs; season. Roll 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- 3Cook meatballs, in batches, in heated oiled tagine or flameproof casserole dish, on stove top, until browned. Remove from tagine; drain meatballs on absorbent paper.
- 4Return meatballs to tagine with stock, undrained tomatoes, semi-dried tomatoes and basil; bring to the boil.
- 5Cover tagine, transfer to oven; cook about 35 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with rice and flat bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021