Lamb kefta tagine
- 625 gram minced lamb
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon each ground cumin, coriander and sweet paprika
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 fresh small red thai chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (70 grams) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) beef stock
- 2 400 gram cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (150 gram) drained semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Lamb kefta tagine
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 2In a large bowl , combine mince, garlic, onion, spices, coriander leaves, chilli, eggs and breadcrumbs; season. Roll 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- 3Cook meatballs, in batches, in heated oiled tagine or flameproof casserole dish, on stove top, until browned. Remove from tagine; drain meatballs on absorbent paper.
- 4Return meatballs to tagine with stock, undrained tomatoes, semi-dried tomatoes and basil; bring to the boil.
- 5Cover tagine, transfer to oven; cook about 35 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with rice and flat bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022
- Triple chocolate browniesJan 13, 2022
- Bourbon butter 1kg peach pieJan 13, 2022
- AïoliJan 13, 2022