- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.2 kilogram boned lamb leg, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (110g) ground macadamias
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped, roasted unsalted macadamias
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1Heat half the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and chilli, stirring, until onion softens. Add spice; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to cooker with tomatoes and coconut milk; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 25 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir in ground nuts; season to taste. Serve curry sprinkled with chopped nuts and coriander.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using. You will need to blend or process ¾ cup (100g) roasted unsalted macadamia nuts for enough ground nuts for this recipe. This recipe is not suitable to freeze. Quick release method: Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021