- 12 thin slices sourdough baguette (100g)
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto (120g) (see tip)
- 300 grams (9½oz) asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams (3oz) trimmed kale leaves, torn
- 400 grams (12½oz) shredded skinless barbecued chicken (see tip)
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/4 cup (75g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1To make green goddess dressing, process ingredients until smooth and combined; season to taste.
- 2To make croûtons, preheat grill (broiler). Toast bread on one side, turn and sprinkle with half the parmesan. Grill until parmesan melts and is browned lightly.
- 3Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat; cook prosciutto until golden and crisp. Remove from pan; drain on paper towel. Cook asparagus in same pan, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned lightly and tender.
- 4Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water;
stir gently (this centres the yolks) over high heat until water comes to the boil. Boil for 3 minutes until soft-boiled. Drain; cool eggs under cold running water. Peel eggs.
- 5Meanwhile, place kale and one-quarter of the dressing in a
large bowl; toss to combine. Stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- 6Add croûtons, chicken, prosciutto, asparagus, remaining parmesan and dressing; toss to combine. Season. Serve salad topped with halved eggs.
Green goddess dressing makes ¾ cup
For a vegetarian option, omit the prosciutto and chicken; add some more grilled asparagus or swiss brown mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019