- 1 small_piece (150g) french bread stick
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 (260g) rindless bacon rashers
- 1 large_piece cos lettuce, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (80g) flaked parmesan cheese
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Make caesar dressing.
- 3Halve bread lengthways; slice halves thinly. Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl with bread, place bread on oven tray. Toast bread in oven until croutons are brown.
- 4Meanwhile, cook bacon in heated large frying pan until crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Chop bacon coarsely.
- 5Combine lettuce, half the croutons, half the bacon, half the onion, half the cheese and half the dressing in large bowl.
- 6Divide salad among serving bowls, top with egg and remaining ingredients. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- 7To make dressing, blend or process egg yolks, garlic, anchovy, juice, sauce and mustard until smooth. With motor operating, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream; process until mixture thickens. Stir in about a tablespoon of warm water to make dressing pourable.
caesar dressing Smoked salmon can replace thebacon in this recipe; top salad with about 50g salmon per person beforedrizzling with the dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020