Kabak Mucver (Zucchini Fritters)
- 600 gram zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (stalks and all)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 90 gram self-raising flour
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup strained yoghurt
- 1/4 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 60 millilitre water
- salt and white pepper, to taste
Kabak Mucver (zucchini fritters) with yoghurt sauce
- 1Grate the zucchini and place in a bowl with the salt. This will draw the water out to make the batter. Leave for at least 1 hour.
- 2Add the eggs and flour, mix until combined but do not over work. It should remain a fairly thin batter, but add more flour if necessary. Let rest for 20 minutes, until thickened.
- 3Meanwhile, make yoghurt sauce: whisk all ingredients together and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat the olive oil to 175°C. Dip a dessert spoon into the hot oil to quickly coat, then spoon the batter; place in the deep fryer. The oil will help the batter slip off easily. Cook until golden, then flip over to cook on the other side. Drain and serve with yoghurt sauce.
You may need to use more self-raising flour, depending on the amount of moisture in the fritters. Add enough flour until they are thickened.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am