- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thick pieces veal osso buco (1.2kg)
- 3/4 cup (90g) pitted green olives, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium lemon (140g), quartered
- 2 cup (520g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (120g) firm ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large flameproof baking dish cook veal until browned.
- 3Add olives, lemon, sauce, and the water to dish season. Roast, covered, for 2 hours.
- 4Increase oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 5Stir anchovy into veal mixture; top with ricotta, sprinkle with parmesan. Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is browned. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Place a piece of baking paper, cut to fit inside the dish, onto the surface of the food before it goes into the oven. This will stop the food from browning too much. Cover the dish itself with a lid or foil. Use a casserole dish big enough to fit one layer of the tightly-packed osso buco, as they will shrink during cooking. Buy pieces of uniform thickness and size and stand them up in the dish to ensure that each person receives a portion of the rich bone marrow that is found in the veal shin. Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Winter vegetable bake with tahini-seed crumbleMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022