- 1/2 cup (50g) medium grind coffee
- 6 cup (1.5l) boiling water, plus extra
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) whisky
- 2 tablespoon coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1Fill a 1.5-litre coffee plunger with hot water. Stand 1 minute, then discard water.
- 2Spoon coffee into plunger, add boiling water and stir until combined. Cover with lid; stand 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, beat cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- 4Fill four heatproof serving glasses with some extra boiling water. Stand 1 minute.
- 5In a small jug or bowl, combine whisky, liqueur and sugar. Discard water from glasses. Pour whisky mixture evenly between glasses.
- 6Gradually push down the plunger. Pour coffee evenly into glasses and stir to dissolve sugar. Top coffee mixture with cream.
Allow the boiling water to stand for a minute before pouring onto the coffee as boiling water could burn the coffee, giving it a bitter taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeJan 19, 2022