- 2 fresh long green chillies
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 600 gram (1¼ pounds) boned lamb leg, chopped coarsely
- 2 large_piece (400g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) (20g) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 medium_piece (300g) tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (70g) yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Finely chop one of the chillies, finely shred remaining chilli.
- 2Heat half the ghee in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 3Heat remaining ghee in same cooker, cook onion, stirring, about 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Add garlic and ginger, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to cooker with spices, tomato, chopped chilli, yogurt and the water, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook 25 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Stir in juice, season to taste. Serve sprinkled with coriander and shredded chilli, if you like.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. This is a hot curry. If you prefer a milder version, reduce the amount of pepper and chilli. You can also serve it with an extra dollop of yogurt if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021