- 4 large zucchini (600g)
- 2 large yellow capsicum (bell pepper) (700g)
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons thin strips lemon rind
- 225 grams (7oz) haloumi, sliced lengthways into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon (140g), cut into wedges
- 1Using a mandoline, V-slicer or sharp knife, cut zucchini into 5mm (¼in) thick slices. Remove seeds from capsicum, cut into 3cm (1¼in) pieces.
- 2Place sage leaves and lemon strips on top of haloumi. Wrap each piece of haloumi with one strip of zucchini;
secure with a toothpick.
- 3Preheat a chargrill plate or pan over medium-high heat. Brush capsicum and haloumi with half the oil. Cook capsicums for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Cook haloumi for 1 minute each side or until charred.
- 4Combine capsicum with remaining zucchini, juice and remaining oil in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 5Divide zucchini salad among plates. Top with haloumi. Serve with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Red lentil and pumpkin wrapsToday 1:44am
- 30 quick and easy recipesYesterday 11:46pm
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019