- 4 large zucchini (600g)
- 2 large yellow capsicum (bell pepper) (700g)
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons thin strips lemon rind
- 225 grams (7oz) haloumi, sliced lengthways into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon (140g), cut into wedges
- 1Using a mandoline, V-slicer or sharp knife, cut zucchini into 5mm (¼in) thick slices. Remove seeds from capsicum, cut into 3cm (1¼in) pieces.
- 2Place sage leaves and lemon strips on top of haloumi. Wrap each piece of haloumi with one strip of zucchini;
secure with a toothpick.
- 3Preheat a chargrill plate or pan over medium-high heat. Brush capsicum and haloumi with half the oil. Cook capsicums for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Cook haloumi for 1 minute each side or until charred.
- 4Combine capsicum with remaining zucchini, juice and remaining oil in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 5Divide zucchini salad among plates. Top with haloumi. Serve with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019