- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix
- 8 x 150g firm white fish fillets, skinned, boned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium white bread rolls (200g), split in half
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke sauce (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, sliced thinly
- 1Make hot coriander sauce: Blend or process ingredients until combined. Season to taste.
- 2Combine spice mix, fish and oil in a shallow dish; season.
- 3Preheat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) to high. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Toast bread rolls, in batches, cut-side down on grill for 1 minute each side or until grill marks are visible
- 4Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, cabbage, liquid smoke, and coriander in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 5To assemble burgers, divide half the fish between bread bases, top with cabbage mixture, remaining fish, jalapeño then drizzle with hot coriander sauce.
Liquid smoke sauce can be found at good delis and grocers in the sauce and condiment section. You can use a smokey barbecue sauce instead, if you like. We used pacific john dory in this recipe, but you can use any firm white fish fillet. The dressing can be made up to two days ahead; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker massaman beef curryToday 6:00am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 2:00am
- Eggplant parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low calorie recipes for the 5:2 Fasting DietYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 2:00pm
- Adorable mini cheesecakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 filling ideas for cannelloniYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make the perfect roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020