- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix
- 8 x 150g firm white fish fillets, skinned, boned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium white bread rolls (200g), split in half
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke sauce (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green jalapeño, sliced thinly
- 1Make hot coriander sauce: Blend or process ingredients until combined. Season to taste.
- 2Combine spice mix, fish and oil in a shallow dish; season.
- 3Preheat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) to high. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Toast bread rolls, in batches, cut-side down on grill for 1 minute each side or until grill marks are visible
- 4Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, cabbage, liquid smoke, and coriander in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 5To assemble burgers, divide half the fish between bread bases, top with cabbage mixture, remaining fish, jalapeño then drizzle with hot coriander sauce.
Liquid smoke sauce can be found at good delis and grocers in the sauce and condiment section. You can use a smokey barbecue sauce instead, if you like. We used pacific john dory in this recipe, but you can use any firm white fish fillet. The dressing can be made up to two days ahead; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022