Ginger soy bean soup
- 1 cup (200g) dried soy beans
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) (20g) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chinese cooking wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water
- 1 kilogram chicken necks
- 280 gram choy sum, trimmed,
Ginger soy bean soup
- 1Place beans in medium bowl, cover with cold water, stand overnight. Rinse under cold water, drain.
- 2Heat oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring until onion softens. Add five-spice, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add wine, simmer, uncovered, until liquid has reduced by half. Add sauce, the water and chicken, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 20 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Discard chicken. Add beans to soup, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook 25 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Add choy sum, simmer, uncovered, until choy sum is tender. Season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure,your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructionsbefore using. Recipe suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm