Ginger soy bean soup
- 1 cup (200g) dried soy beans
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) (20g) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chinese cooking wine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water
- 1 kilogram chicken necks
- 280 gram choy sum, trimmed,
Ginger soy bean soup
- 1Place beans in medium bowl, cover with cold water, stand overnight. Rinse under cold water, drain.
- 2Heat oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker, cook onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring until onion softens. Add five-spice, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add wine, simmer, uncovered, until liquid has reduced by half. Add sauce, the water and chicken, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 20 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Discard chicken. Add beans to soup, secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, cook 25 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method, remove lid. Add choy sum, simmer, uncovered, until choy sum is tender. Season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure,your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructionsbefore using. Recipe suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crunchy macaroni and cheeseYesterday 2:07am
- Minestrone soupJun 10, 2021
- 30 ultimate comfort foodsJun 10, 2021
- 18 gorgeous golden syrup dessertsJun 10, 2021
- Lemongrass beef bahn miJun 10, 2021
- Quattro formaggio pizzaJun 10, 2021
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsJun 10, 2021
- Classic chocolate self-saucing puddingJun 10, 2021
- Egg and bacon pieJun 10, 2021
- Classic beef stew with dumplingsJun 10, 2021
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiJun 10, 2021
- Caramel banana steamed puddingJun 10, 2021
- Classic golden syrup dumplingsJun 10, 2021
- Our 21 best burger recipesJun 10, 2021
- Chocolate buttermilk cakeJun 09, 2021