- 1 kilogram apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 millilitre (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 kilogram sugar
- 1Halve apricots and remove stones.
- 2Combine apricots, water and lemon juice in large saucepan or boiler. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until apricots are tender.
- 3Add sugar, stir constantly over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil, uncovered, without stirring, 30 minutes, or until jam will gel when tested on a cold saucer.
- 4Stir occasionally towards end of cooking to make sure jam is not sticking. Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilised jars. Seal when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019