- 1 kilogram apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 millilitre (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 kilogram sugar
- 1Halve apricots and remove stones.
- 2Combine apricots, water and lemon juice in large saucepan or boiler. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until apricots are tender.
- 3Add sugar, stir constantly over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil, uncovered, without stirring, 30 minutes, or until jam will gel when tested on a cold saucer.
- 4Stir occasionally towards end of cooking to make sure jam is not sticking. Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilised jars. Seal when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019