- 1 kilogram apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 millilitre (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 kilogram sugar
- 1Halve apricots and remove stones.
- 2Combine apricots, water and lemon juice in large saucepan or boiler. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until apricots are tender.
- 3Add sugar, stir constantly over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil, uncovered, without stirring, 30 minutes, or until jam will gel when tested on a cold saucer.
- 4Stir occasionally towards end of cooking to make sure jam is not sticking. Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilised jars. Seal when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021