Sweet and rich with a hint of tang, apricots make the best jam. Jars of this delightful preserve make wonderful edible gifts.
- 1 kilogram apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 millilitre (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 kilogram sugar
- 1Halve apricots and remove stones.
- 2Combine apricots, water and lemon juice in large saucepan or boiler. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until apricots are tender.
- 3Add sugar, stir constantly over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil, uncovered, without stirring, 30 minutes, or until jam will gel when tested on a cold saucer.
- 4Stir occasionally towards end of cooking to make sure jam is not sticking. Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilised jars. Seal when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Single cup vs weight in grams for common ingredientsYesterday 4:59am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeYesterday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020