- 2 cup (400g) dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (150g) brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Stand overnight, drain.
- 2Combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley and spices in a large bowl. In two batches, blend or process chickpea mixture until almost smooth. Return mixture to bowl.
- 3Add soda, flour and salt to chickpea mixture. Stir to combine, season. Stand 30 minutes.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; stand 10 minutes.
- 5In batches, deep-fry balls in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020